Green Web Datasets
Since 2006, we have been building the world’s largest database tracking which parts of the internet run on renewable power, when they switched.
You can check the current state of this information with the Green Web API, but we make this underlying data available for download in bulk, for your analysis.
Using this database
We make these datasets available below, free of charge, with a permissive licence, to encourage the development of tooling and products using them.
We make this available under the Open Database Licence:
You are free:
- To Share: To copy, distribute and use the database.
- To Create: To produce works from the database.
- To Adapt: To modify, transform and build upon the database.
As long as you:
- Attribute: You must attribute any public use of the database, or works produced from the database, in the manner specified in the ODbL. For any use or redistribution of the database, or works produced from it, you must make clear to others the license of the database and keep intact any notices on the original database.
- Share-Alike: If you publicly use any adapted version of this database, or works produced from an adapted database, you must also offer that adapted database under the ODbL.
- Keep open: If you redistribute the database, or an adapted version of it, then you may use technological measures that restrict the work (such as DRM) as long as you also redistribute a version without such measures.
This dataset is based on the same list of the top million domains as used by the HTTP Archive, for their monthly reports.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The information on the domains (“company data”) is drawn from data submitted by the hosting organisations themselves. While we have a series of checks to verify some claims, there may be cases of errors in the source data have errors which we have not yet detected .
Therefore we cannot make any promises as to the quality of company data. You use the company data entirely at your own risk.
For this reason, and because this data is made available without charge, we limit our liability as follows.
The Green Web Datasets are provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Green Web Datasets, regardless of the form of action.